After 10 years, support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. You’ve received many warnings about the cessation of Windows 7 support in January, but now it’s finally gone into effect. That means that any of your computers and devices that are running Windows 7 are now not receiving support or updates from Microsoft. This includes vital security patches, tech support and other benefits that are extended to those who use Windows software by Microsoft. So, what should you do now?
Why You Need to Change Operating Systems
- If you don’t upgrade, your entire network will become vulnerable due to a lack of security updates and patches for a single computer. Patch management is vital to protecting your business and customer information, so every day one computer is unsupported is a day that you are putting yourself at serious risk.
- Running Windows 7 means that there’s a good chance your computers are on the slower side, and continuing to run it without updates will mean that things get even slower.
- On top of your lack of bug fixes and security updates, you cannot receive free support or online content updates for Windows 7.
What Are Your Options?
Thankfully, Computer Services Unlimited, Inc. has numerous options designed to help you migrate from Windows 7 to a newer system or something else entirely, including:
- Upgrading your computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Replacing the computers running Windows 7 with a new computer that has Windows 10 already installed
- Exploring other computer hardware and software that could be better suited to your needs, your budget and your business
Our team can work with you to determine the perfect migration plan for your office that limits downtime, ensures compatibility and increases your employee productivity.
Trust the Right Partner for Your Windows 10 Upgrade
At Computer Services Unlimited Inc., we work with hundreds of businesses to keep their systems in great condition and their data secured. We know that you can’t afford to have downtime, so our comprehensive managed IT services are designed to be proactive and preventative. You can trust that your computers, telecommunications systems and other mission-critical pieces of technology will always be in working order so that you can be as productive as possible. Don’t wait until there’s a problem to call us for your IT solution! Contact Computer Services Unlimited, Inc. online or contact Kevin Spargo directly at (410) 484-7380 ext. 108 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.