Every year brings along with it new trends in marketing, advertising and web design. At Computer Services Unlimited, Inc., we have already seen many of these trends start to gain traction with businesses of every size. What trends should you watch out for this year?
The 4 Hottest Web Design Trends for 2019
- Accessible Web Design: More designers and developers are prioritizing making the internet an accessible place for everyone, including those who are blind, deaf or browsing with other limitations. There are countless ways to make your website welcoming to a broader audience, for example:
- Using alternate text, or Alt-text, for any non-text elements of your site, like images, embedded objects, or audio/video content.
- Ensuring your web content is all accessible by using just a keyboard, via a skip navigation link.
- Providing a text transcription of any video or audio elements on your site.
There’s no sense in isolating any potential customers due to a lack of closed captioning or alt text.
- Motion Design: An effective website is one that gets the point across and results in your desired action. Do you want to get users to submit their email address? Make a purchase? Sign up for your newsletter? Motion design is a fun way to guide visitors to your desired outcome. Animated and interactive elements also improve user experience and increase the amount of time spent on your site—both of which are awesome for getting leads.
- Fun Illustrations and Typography: Whimsical and fun typography and illustrations are gaining traction on many business websites. Standing out is harder than ever before in a crowded marketplace, and a unique style of illustration or animation or a distinct choice of vintage font can help your company to stand out from the pack.
- Mobile-First Design: While mobile-first design has been a trend for the past few years, it is rapidly becoming the standard for web design. Things like load time are becoming big considerations when also juggling fun elements like animations, illustrations, navigation elements and more.
Trust the Right Partner with your Technology
At Computer Services Unlimited, Inc., we work with hundreds of businesses to keep their websites and online footprint working properly and getting them great results. We know that you can’t afford to have downtime or poor results, so our web design services are designed to be comprehensive and preventative. With design experts who are experienced in creating sites that work well in 2019 and beyond, your business can reach new customers and get optimal search ranking results.
To schedule a free, no obligation website assessment, please contact Kevin Spargo at (410) 484-7380 ext. 108, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.